James Cridland has 'tagged' me in a 'meme', the premise of which is simply to write 8 random thing about yourself. I wouldn't normally do this sort of thing (cough), but hey, at least it's a blog post. Plus, James used the sure-fire method of praising everyone he tagged (I'm a 'web developer extraordinaire' apparently).
Here are the rules, which I think I'm obliged to copy and paste:
1: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3: At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here are my eight things:
- I have an A in A-Level drama (plus a B in GCSE drama). This backfired majorly today when colleagues forced me to take part in a corporate presentation.
- I used to be a member of the Woodcraft Folk, and even went to an 'International Camp'. And no, we didn't carve stuff out of wood. It was kind of a slightly hippy version of Scouts (ie without God or the Queen).
- I managed to not study French instead, opting for German instead. This was mostly because the school trips to Germany were more fun, and because my dad persuaded me that the German super economy would make the language more useful than French. He was wrong.
- I also have ditched all my odd socks in favour of only black ones. Maybe it's a geek thing.
- My mum's side of the family are from Cornwall, my dad's side are from Wales, and I was born in Dover. But I'm still a Londoner.
- I've been growing a basil plant for the last two months on a windowsill, and have grown fairly attached to. He even has a name (although his name is 'Basil').
- I ran a radio station at Uni. Okay, so that's no big secret. However, I was responsible for a hundred or so DJs, an FM broadcast, and a small amount of slightly pirate radio.
- I'm currently trying to work out where to take my 'career'.
Erm, and now I have to 'tag' 8 other people. So...
- Martin Belam - he probably doesn't have that many personal stories that he hasn't already blogged about, but still.
- Dan Hon - alternative realitizer.
- Jo Saull - a colleague (and occasional secret blog co-blogger).
- Andrew Collins - okay, so I don't really know him, but I used to listen to his radio show (and sometimes text in), and I read his blog, so that kinda counts, right?
- Dave Thair - a friend and BBCer. Can't see him taking the bait, but it's worth a shot.
- James Boardwell - hasn't blogged since 4th September, so he's hereby named and shamed.
- Ed Jefferson - a Uni friend. (Ed: haven't seen you in ages!)
- Mike Ellis - ex-Boss, who seems to jumped into the blogging deep end over the past few months.