Went along to the Islington Farmers' Market this morning to buy some nice fruit and veg. The trip was partly inspired by reading Shopped: The Shocking Power of British Supermarkets (more of which in a blog coming soon), but also because I like markets, and I used to go to this one fairly often for my mum.
Anyhow, this morning we bought:
- Raspberries - very fresh, and much nicer than the (Organic) ones we bought from Sainsbury's last week
- Broccoli Quiche - nice, but not the best I've tasted.
- Bread with tomatoes - not sure of the name of this time of bread, but it was nice.
- Cherry tomatoes - delicious
- A bottle of Apple and Strawberry juice from Chegworth Valley - beautiful.
- A cheese and pesto twist - these things make great snacks, I ate mine on the spot.
The market is well worth visiting for some nice, if slightly expensive, food, sold direct by the farmers themselves.