Bit of an inane post this, but I've been playing with the imdb 'My Movies' feature, where I try to keep a list of all the films I've seen. My current total is 168, but I've probably seen tons more than that that I can't remember. Unfortunately, there's no way to make the lists public.
So, I've been trying to remember all the films I've seen over the Christmas break. I went to the cinema a few times and hired, bought and received quite a few DVDs, so there's quite a list. I thought I'd share it:
- The Butterfly Effect - rubbish. The whole plot is basically 'time-travel = bad idea'.
- Enduring Love - uncomfortable to watch, but a good film. Based on book by Ian McEwan.
- Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events - well adapted by Tim Burton. Gothic visual style works well, Jim Carey is great, mostly unsentimental. Watch it for the baby subtitles and beautifully-animated credit sequence.
- Microcosmos: Le peuple de l'herbe - insect documentary with no narrative or voiceover.
- Open Water - tense thriller featuring two divers, lots of water, and some sharks. No other plot.
- Down With Love - odd. Tries to be a postmodern look at gender politics from the 70s and now, but fails to make much of an impression or to say anything. Squewered on its on petard.